Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just did a background check on myself because i am

Customer Question
I just did a...

I just did a background check on myself because i am thinking in the running to get a new, very competitive job. on the record purch etc alcoh bev by a minoir came on on the check even though i was under the impression it was expunged and i was also a little confused by the wording of the charge

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I guess i jsut want to know is that charge equivalent to underage?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was under the impression i filed to have it expunged back in 2013 thats why im confused

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. According to the state of Pennsylvania, it says, “If an expungement petition is granted, the court will provide the individual subject of the expungement or the lawyer who filed the petition for the individual with a copy of the signed expungement order.” Do you recall receiving an expungement order?

honestly i had gotten in trouble with another charge that year as well that i got ard for--i had a lot of papers flying around. since then ive moved several times and i no longer have the paper work. so i may or may not have. i suppose i should contact my attorney at the time to check

I understand. You may want to ask the court for a copy because the court also sends copies of the signed order to state police and other criminal-justice agencies that remove the information from the public record. They may have a copy of that request. Those agencies may reproduce a letter to you to confirm that it has been destroyed. If it hasn't been expunged, then you will want to petition the court. You can find a petition at www.pacourts.us/forms to help yourself out. Cost varies by county. Did you have any other questions for me? If not, were you satisfied with my service today?

Hi, are you still there/