Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can a suspect be held before arraignment in albany ny?

How long can a...

How long can a suspect be held before arraignment in albany ny?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No he has not been assigned a public defender

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No other questions

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The NY appellate division held that there should be no more than 24 hours between arrest and arraignment absent a showing of good cause from the DA as to why arraignment could not be held within that time. Failure to arraign without good cause would result in release, but it does not mean that charges cannot still be pursued against the arrested subject.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.