Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a court mandated class I am supposed to have

Customer Question
Hi there. I have...

Hi there. I have a court mandated class I am supposed to have completed by Sep 29th. I may not be able to complete the course until Oct 6th. Is there a way to get an extension before a warrant for my arrest is put out

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Iowa. The warrant won't be issued until Spe 29th if I don't have proof of completing the class

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have not

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. If I can ask, is this self-supervised probation that you're on?