Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in GA,and was arrested last week on a warrant taken…

Customer Question
I live in GA,and...

I live in GA,and was arrested last week on a warrant taken by ***** for misdemeanor shoplifting. The LP at the store chased me on foot after I exited the store, but did not catch me. They tracked me down by my tag number, and then reported to police, who issued the warrant. Since I was never caught with anything, and never concealed anything on camera in the store, how likely is it the D.A. will pursue the case?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

GA, last week, I was arrested last Tuesday night.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, can't afford a paid attorney.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you might experience some delays while I work with several customers at the same time, or I am preparing a response to you. Please do not click Opt Out expecting a faster response. This results in more delays while waiting for another Expert. I assure you I will help you in due time. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Obviously, I am not the DA so I can't really give you a percent chance that or likelihood of the DA bringing charges against you. AS someone who is not working in the DA's office, I can't predict what that DA will do.

What I can say is that DAs generally do not bring charges unless they believe they have a case against an individual. And they take into account the existence of at least some evidence against the individual to determine if they have a chance of winning a case.

I also can say that arrest warrants are not generally issued unless there is some probable cause as the basis. So there may be some information or evidence out there that you are unaware of.

I hope that answers your questions. Please remember to give me credit for doing my job by clicking on 4 or 5 stars at the top of your screen.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going. I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not received credit for it. Do you need more help? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you!