Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I enjoy looking at non sexualized pictures of children

Customer Question
getting their diapers changed online...
I enjoy looking at non sexualized pictures of children getting their diapers changed online. Sometimes I found them on file sharing sites including IMGSRC. Is it illegal and will it show up on a Live Scan?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good morning,

No this isn't illegal. If you were looking at pictures or videos of minors involved in sexual acts that would be a different story, but the images you describe are all over the web, and even posted by family members/parents. If what you described was illegal, than anyone who caught a glimpse of a child being changed in a restroom would also be subject to being charged, which is not at all the case.

Live scan captures fingerprints and palm prints (and sometimes facial recognition) as well as in depth background checks. But it would only show records of arrests/convictions, it isn't going to provide information on what you are viewing online. You need not worry about that.

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information I could provide? If so, please reply and I'm happy to assist further.

If you require any additional information or clarification, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING and I'm happy to help you further. Otherwise, kindly remember to click on the stars at the top of the page to leave me a positive rating as experts are only compensated for our time and efforts once you do so. Thank you.