Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My car was Towed they told me it has a police home. Hold. I…

Customer Question
My car was...

My car was Towed they told me it has a police home

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Hold

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was drinking Night quill and my alcohol level was high

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/24/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Were you issued a citation for driving under the influence?

Based on the information you shared above, it appears your car was taken to the police impound. You'll need to contact the local police station where this occurred, and obtain the phone number and address for their impound lot.

In order to retrieve your car, you will have to pay the impound fee. The fee is charged per day that your car is impound, so the sooner you can retrieve it, the better.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

I was not cited or charged with anything they just took my blood at the hospital
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Okay, if there is not a pending criminal case then you should be able to pick your car up now.

You just need to contact the local police station for the jurisdiction where this occurred, and get the contact information for their impound lot.

Again, the sooner you pick your car up the better, to avoid additional fees.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you still have any questions about this.

Please also take a moment to leave a positive rating, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

let me get this straight there shouldn't be a hold on it why did they state that there was a hold on the towing company
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry, you'll need to clarify what originally occurred in this incident.

Was the car towed by police, or by a private towing company?

I was under the impression from the information you shared that the police towed your car, but that there were no criminal charges filed against you.

If it was a private towing company, and there is now a police hold, then that is a separate matter.

A police hold would be placed on your vehicle if the police are investigating the commission of a crime.

This could be for a DUI, or any other crime -- you would be better able to determine the alleged crime being investigated based on the facts and details of exactly what occurred (as I am not privy to that information).

I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

It could be easier/ better if we spoke over the phone, in order to get all the details out in a more efficient manner.

I've sent you the link above, if you accept the site will allow us to connect over the phone.

I hope the information I've sent you has been helpful.

Please also take a moment to leave a positive rating for me. Thanks!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones