Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If someone has multiple misdemeanors for theft and driving…

If someone has multiple misdemeanors...
If someone has multiple misdemeanors for theft and driving while barred. And is on probationAnd they leave the state
Is there a time limit before they can return
Or are they a fugitive and will. BE indefinitely .
I know who posted bond will be liable
And they will go after who posted bond
I know years ago I had a friend flee and return after 7 years
Or has that changedState is iowa
9/23/2017
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. No, the warrant will remain active, until it is lifted or they are picked up on it. If they were on probation and absconded, a warrant would be issued and would remain until they are picked up on it. It is not something that would simply expire and go away.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

They are pg and were in a treatment center. The treatment center would take her back
But while out picked up two additional misdemeanors. So she will be in probation violation for additional charges.
What is the likelihood of being able to stay at treatment center rather than going to jail and receiving no help for the ipiate addiction
Again she is PG
The bf is a problem
She also broke her foot yesterday and is in a boot
Tried to tell her the treatment is the best world of her poison
She has a furnished 2 bedroom apartment classes from 7 am- 7 pm
Can watch tv use cell phone internet etc from 7 pm until 7 am
Thank you

if she was on probation and violated and picked up new charges, I do not think they will be so inclined to let her stay at a treatment center, rather than jail. Now, if she needs 30 days to get clear and for help, they may allow her to finish the program but they are not going to allow this instead of jail and may tell her to use programs offered by the jail, to help those with addiction. I know it is not ideal but since she picked up new charges ( opposed to violating by a relapse) they are not going to be so inclined to offer help, when she is committing crimes.

Well
Shoplifting cleptomania
Is a part of her illness
Probably 20 theft arrests in 8 years for less than 150.00I know it's insane
But she needs help and you don't get help in jail.
She is a adult and responsible for her actions.
A intimidating bf is the problem
He just doesn't get caught
Last 4 shoplifting charges
The SOB sat in the car with her purse and phone
One was a 25.00 item of shoplifting
Recovered
The other was driving while barred
I know she violated
But the treatment center is for addicts
And they have pg women and mothers there with multiple felonies
Drug dealing charges etc
The counselor at the treatment center thought she may be able to stay
But of course could not guarantee, and I understand that.
But the counselor did say if she is back in treatment she stands a much better chance of staying
Than being loose on the street
I know you are only offering what you feel is likely
And you could be correct
Thank youYes the subject is my daughter
And I want to help her help herself
But she has to do it for herselfAnd she thinks just go to prison or run.
Neither solves her problems

I do understand and know it is hard. She would need to try and convince the State of this and that she will be in an in-patient treatment center and see if they will agree.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
I cannot believe it. They gave her a break. Quit treatment 2 arrests in less than a week of quitting treatment. And they gave her another chance.
Well the probation officer did not violate her
Maybe when she goes to court
The judge will say different.I just told her to count her lucky stars and
NO MORE CRIMINAL ACTIVITY
Typical
Pay them and hear nothing
Not even a thank you
Watch him lock this question

Good morning and great to hear back from you. What else can I answer? You just posted this, so I am not sure what the basis or reason for this most recent response was?

You know exactlyIt's ok
I will contact J/A

I am sorry but I am confused. I am happy to answer any questions which you may have, as follow ups but this is the first I have been alerted to you trying to contact me again.