Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My wife was got a retraining order from her ex colleague and…

Customer Question
My wife was got...

My wife was got a retraining order from her ex colleague and company for stalking and harassing her.It is a shock for us that she never even gone and done anything.She never even contacted her or even aware of this.She is been a victim of wrong blame on her and they are trying to tarnish her image and future.please advice

Lawyer's Assistant: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She got a call from lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is been framed for not done anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/23/2017
Criminal Lawyer: James Daloisio, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
James Daloisio

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I'm an attorney and former prosecutor. The restraining order that you are referring to is an Injunction Against Harassment, a type of protective order issued when there is an allegation of workplace harassment. Protective orders are good for one year. Your wife should go the Protective Orders office with picture ID to request a hearing so she can contest the order. The court will notify the other party to appear. Only a judge can dismiss a protective order. If the other party fails to appear at the hearing, the order will be dismissed. If the court finds that the allegations were more likely not true, the court will dismiss the order. To obtain an Injunction Against Harassment, there must have been at least two specific acts of harassment that occurred within the one year period prior to the application.

I hope this has answered your question. If so a positive rating would be appreciated. Thank you!