Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Police came to my son's house to ask about a neighbor who…

Customer Question
Police came to my...

Police came to my son's house to ask about a neighbor who died of an overdose. Son working significant other at home. Police spotted 4 pot plants out in yard. The seized the house and are getting a warrant to search. Son not sure if he should go home or what to do. Does not have a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Pennsylvania. Police are at house waiting for warrent to be signed

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not talked to a lawyer, do not know one to contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He said he has a scale and about an ounce of pot. All a shock to me.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 8 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Is there anything in place which prevents him from entering his own home?

only the police are there

maybe best if you call my son Steve montgomery ******* I will pay the $59 and I will call him to tell him who you are

Absent a court order, there is nothing which should be preventing him from entering the home and the police do need a search warrant, to enter the home. If there was pot plants in plaint view in the yard and the police believe there are additional plants inside or evidence of other illegal activity, they could obtain a search warrant. If he has a scale, pot and bags or other things which may indicate or show that he could be dealing, they could charge him with that as well. There should be nothing that prevents him from entering but the police would likely detain him, prior to entering, since they may think he will destroy evidence, which they want to prevent.

Are you going to call hi should I hit the calll me button

I am not able to but another expert can.

thank you for your information. But Steve found a local lawyer who he will be talking to

Great to hear.