Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm 42 and dumb! I stole 41.00 in fish oil supplements from…

Customer Question
I'm 42 and dumb...

I'm 42 and dumb! I stole 41.00 in fish oil supplements from Wal mart. This is my first offense ever! Money is tight very tight and I can't believe I did it. The LP person told me I'm going to get a district court order in the mail, since he is gonna have to charge me. Then I left. Now what? I'm too old for this. I'm such a dumb ass

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Pennsylvania Lehigh County

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Awaiting for a consultation call tommorow

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should I just plead guilty and pay the fines.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: California Lawyer, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
California Lawyer

I will try and help. Shoplifting Penalties. If you have no prior convictions and the total value of shoplifted items is less than $150, you will be charged with a summary offense. The maximum potential penalty is 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $300. Whether or not you should plead is up to you. If they have you dead to rights, it may save time and be in your interests. When you go to court, inquire about the Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition Program (ARD Program),which is a viable option for people who are charged with a first-offense retail theft or shoplifting. Info on that is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Rehabilitative_Disposition

I hope this helps.

DCG

California Lawyer
California Lawyer
California Lawyer, Lawyer