Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a confidential information have relations with an

Customer Question
officer...
Can a confidential information have relations with an officer
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 9 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Yes. It's frowned on as a matter of policy, but it's not illegal. And frankly, in my experience, it happens fairly frequently.

Could it be used for a dismissal of charges ? If the confidential informant was having relations with thr officer in.charge of the busts?

No. It wouldn't get the case dismissed. But it could affect the credibility of the officer and of the informant in the mind of the jury, if that fact came out at trial

Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.