Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was arrested this evening and he said the jail people…

Customer Question
My son was arrested...

My son was arrested this evening and he said the jail people told him we will not see a judge till Nov. Shouldn't they have a bail hearing tomorrow?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Douglas county, Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No we just found out about the court time and I have never heard of anyone not getting a bail hearing within a day unless on a week end.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was arrested for pulling a knife supposedly on a guy which he did not do. No knife was found and they refused to talk to a couple of the people that were there just not outside when it happened. They were at a Jox in the Box where they all work.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Please bear with me while I check something for you.
Colorado requires an arraignment hearing within 72 hours. Bail will be set based on a bail/bond schedule at the arraignment. Contact the public defender and/or a bail bondsman for assistance.Kind regards,
Gerald