Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Penal Code 415 (1)Disturbing the Peace, will this show up in…

Customer Question
Penal Code 415 (1)Disturbing...

Penal Code 415 (1)Disturbing the Peace, will this show up in my background record?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How long the record will last?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Sadly, the answer to your question is yes, if the judge does not provide you with a program or another way to prevent the crime from going on your record. For instance, in exchange for community service or some other alternative punishment, a judge may prevent a negative judgment from being entered on your record. However, because this is a misdemeanor crime, like all crimes big and small, it will show up on your record. However, according to the CA courts, “If you were convicted of an infraction, a misdemeanor, or a felony and were NOT sentenced to state prison or put under the authority of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, you can petition for a dismissal (people often use the term “expungement” when talking about a “dismissal.”). This means even if this is the case, if you meet this qualification, then you will be good to go. Click here for more information.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

I didn't finish my question, she turn it off the site.
does this PC 415 go to my criminal record?
How long this will stay in my record?

Hi, unfortunately, it will stay on your record permanently. Let me repost what I put:

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Goodness, I'm sorry, I just realized I didn't repost my answer!

Sadly, the answer to your question is yes, if the judge does not provide you with a program or another way to prevent the crime from going on your record. For instance, in exchange for community service or some other alternative punishment, a judge may prevent a negative judgment from being entered on your record. However, because this is a misdemeanor crime, like all crimes big and small, it will show up on your record. However, according to the CA courts, “If you were convicted of an infraction, a misdemeanor, or a felony and were NOT sentenced to state prison or put under the authority of the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, you can petition for a dismissal (people often use the term “expungement” when talking about a “dismissal.”). This means even if this is the case, if you meet this qualification, then you will be good to go. Click here for more information.

The answer is also further up on the screen and you were probably emailed it as well. What other questions did you have?