Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I just found out i have a misdomeanor werrant in another…

Customer Question
I just found out...

I just found out i have a misdomeanor werrant in another county i am suspose to go see my attorney tomorrow i have two children i am a single mom trying to find out if i need to worry about being picked up today

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes going to see her tom to see what i have to do to clear this up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Chances are you won't be picked up any time soon. With misdemeanor warrants, typically counties will wait until the person gets in some kind of trouble rather than to send out the warrant squad. They need their resources to be available for more serious crime.

So, you could be picked up on a random plate check one day when you are driving your car. You will have to worry about the warrant if you're stopped for any other reason. And eventually, if you don't tend to the warrant the state will suspend your driver's license, and you'll get caught that way. But will they be sending out people to find your whereabouts and knock on your door to pick you up because of a misdemeanor warrant? They could, but they typically don't.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD