Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

M I get charges dropped on my boyfriend he is in for

Customer Question
M I get charges...

M I get charges dropped on my boyfriend he is in for assault, but it really wasn't assault, I was just angry at the time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Harris county, Houston tx

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, no money I don't have a phone right now either.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, he is all I have in this world and I have CHF and I need him home with me. He didn't grow the cord at me, but to me. I called 911 out of anger, he didnt attach me or anything.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
My boyfriend tossed an extension cord to me and it scratched my face. I was angry and called 911 and pressed charges. I should have not called, it was my fault he is in jail for nothing. I have CHF and I need him home to help me.
9/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question today.

Your question comprises of two different components : a false report and dropping charges.

In relation to having charges dropped you need to contact the officer and police station to let them know that you don't wish to proceed.

In relation to filing a false report, this in fact a criminal offense and can be prosecuted under the obstruction and administration of justice crimes.

Because you reported the crime your withdrawal of the charges is likely to result in the case being dropped against your boyfriend.

Just a reminder to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5***** , 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill