Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

You would need proof that they are hacking your computer.

Customer Question
The first step there would...
You would need proof that they are hacking your computer. The first step there would be to take your computer into a local computer repair shop to be examined for spyware.
If spyware is discovered, you would then report that to the police and they would conduct an investigation.
If the investigation concluded that the people you suspect of tampering with your computer were the culprits, they could be criminal prosecuted and you could likely also sue them in civil court on various legal theories.
But you need to stop with step one, and that is verifying the spyware being used to "track" you, then reporting that discovery to the police. Anything else is a non-starter.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXQuestions: Would the local computer repair, if they find spyware would the “computer repair shop” give me proof? What kind of proof would I have to have, to make Police do an investigation for my case? If spyware is found should it be removed from the computer or what?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
The computer shop can provide an affidavit with screen shots as exhibits showing there was a virus and what type of vits it was. The police can then use it as evidence. Generally these viruses are difficult to pin as often they originate overseas and they can shut down operations and relocate quickly. The computer shop typically removes any spyware.
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer