Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a friend in prison for a collar crime who is being…

Customer Question
I have a friend...

I have a friend in prison for a white collar crime who is being blackmailed, money or a beat down or worse. Im the source of the money. He can't get moved. Does he have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, but he has a lawyer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/21/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 11 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Has he reported this to prison officials? Has he asked to move pods or cells?
This is really something that needs to be handled internally by the prison. If he has documented this and his safety is at risk and notning is done he may have to have an attorney go back to court and see/ask if there is any way for his location to be transferred. If the prison is failing him he needs to try and get back in front of the judge and inquire about a transfer.