Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do I file a motion to release evidence. Savannah

How do I file...

How do I file a motion to release evidence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Savannah Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes every time they say. They will call me back and never do and when I try to call them they just hang up on me.

9/20/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What are you trying to accomplish? Who are you trying to make disclose evidence?

They told me I need to file a motion with the judge so he can sign it and they will give me my gun back. It's a illegal gun. I already been to court and stuff. I just need to know how to file a motion for evidence the court clerk said I can do it my self but I can't figure it out.

Thank you for your reply.

The gun is ILLEGAL?????

Sorry it's legal it's in my name
The gun is not illegal
Hello

Okay thank you.

State Of Georgia

COUNTY NAME

State of GA

v. Case #

Defendant

NOW COMES, your name, registered owner of a firearm (serial number), that was used as evidence in the above captioned matter. The case has now been resolved and all appeal times have expired. As such petitioner, your name, asks the court to release the evidence being held in this matter. Petitioner is attaching proof of ownership to this motion.

Signed/ you

Notarized.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I think I I got it thank you.

Thank you.

Do I use that paragraph and just fill in my name and serial number for the gun.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you fill in your name and the gun information (make, model, SN)

Thank you so much

Thank you.