Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am currently on felony probation for insufficient funds.

Customer Question
Hi there, I am...

Hi there, I am currently on felony probation for insufficient funds. However, drank a couple of drinks at a birthday party and got a misdemeanor DUI. I have to make an appearance b Thursday and I spoke with my probation officer today. I'm in Idaho...what should I be prepared for?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Idaho. My tire blew, which caused a little accident. I had had three drinks over several hours and they did a sobriety test. Legal limit to drive is .08 and I blew .082

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

They charged me with misdemeanor DUI. No,I haven't. I will see if I can get a public defender.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's the truth.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley
At this point you did everything that you can which is disclose this to your PO which was really the right thing to do at this point. The PO has two options at this point he can immediately violate you based on the new charge and hold you until it gets resolved or weights until it gets resolved before deciding what to do. You can be assured that you will be violated if convicted of the new charge. One thing going for you is that you were barely over the limit. You want to have an attorney to represent you at this hearing. I would contact the public defender's office this morning if you cannot afford an attorney on your own. If their office cannot represent you by Thursday then I would ask the court to continue the matter until such time that you can obtain counsel