Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son was missing and hugging his girlfriend at school (15…

Customer Question
My son was missing...

My son was missing and hugging his girlfriend at school (15 yrs old) and a teacher said that he was touching her breast as well as restraining her against her will. When the young lady was questioned by the school and campus police she said that the alligations were incorrect but now juvenile courts have filed charges against him. The incident occurred in May 2017 he is now being charged because I refuse to bring him to juvenile hall so They can create a profile on him especially done he did nothing wrong

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

California and it was on campus

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet. I just received the info in the mail to appear in court. No details were offered because she is a minor

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 9 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

How do I respond to this allegation? Does the courts have legal ground to prosecute my son if the young lady stated that what was reported by a teacher is inaccurate. We will go today but do I need to hire a lawyer or is a public defender sufficient? I am at a major loss.i don't know what I don't know

I am sorry, for the delay in responding to your post. I was offline when your response came in.

Do you still need assistance?

Thank you for your patience.

it was not that he was missing but Kissing. spell check changed my wording. I got a copy of the police report at it is contradictory from what my son told us. The young girl stated that he assaulted her. forcing her to stay , attempting to kiss her on the mouth, squeezing her breast and eventually gave her a hickey on her neck. She is a foster child and by her own words " not a good kid to be trusted". I believe her story is falsified because of the continued correspondence she had with my son for months after this alleged event but the courts are leaning towards her story. there are no witnesses to her claim nor his. I have a public defender as of today. Should I consider employing a private investigator to gather more details regarding her background to determine if this is a repeated pattern? Not sure how to defend this especially in a time that women abuse is at the forefront of every major network and police dept. across the country. thank you for any advice or direction possible

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me few minutes to review your post and get back to you.

Thank you for your continued patience.

I am so sorry about the girl's accusations against your son.

Your Question:

Should I consider employing a private investigator to gather more details regarding her background to determine if this is a repeated pattern?

Response 1: Yes, that would be the prudent thing to do.

Not sure how to defend this especially in a time that women abuse is at the forefront of every major network and police dept. across the country. thank you for any advice or direction possible

Response 2: You need to hire a private investigator for the matter. Then have the private investigator turnover any evidence gathered to you. You can then make copies and hand them over to the Public Defender. You should not allow the Public Defender to plead this case out--to make your son plead guilty for lighter penalty because this would not be good for him.

You may also consider retaining the services of a private criminal defense Attorney or at least have a consultation with one to get second opinion on what your son is facing. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,