Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Hrllo, i went to court today and got deferred adjudication…

Customer Question
I went to court...

I went to court today and got deferred adjudication for misdemeanor possession of marijuana

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

I fear I failed the UA with a controlled substance

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was my very first UA. I didn't know I would be taking one. I've never been in trouble

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 11 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You haven't had the benefit of any remediation yet. While nobody will be happy about this particular U/A result, in my experience they will use it as a baseline and an opportunity to warn to be clean from here. Beyond that, nothing should happen because you haven't started the program.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.