Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I received a ticket for false logs in kansas first one, I…

Customer Question
I received a ticket...

I received a ticket for false logs in kansas first one, I live in California but have to go to court out there what would be my fine, very worried

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No your the first

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/19/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I've reviewed your question, and I'm happy to help.

Were you given just a citation? Or were you told this would also be charged criminally?

I ask this because falsifying logs is actually a misdemeanor offense punishable by up to 6 months in jail.

While this is typically not enforced on a first time offense, it might be for a second offense.

The fine you can expect for false log books is around $600.

Other potential financial penalties include issues with your employer, ie perhaps being given less work hours or even a loss of a job (hopefully not), higher insurance rates, etc.

My recommendation would be to hire a local defense attorney to help you with this. I'm not sure of all the details your case, but you may have some legal defenses that can be raised and your attorney may be able to negotiate on your behalf to help get you the lightest penalty possible.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer