Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do I go about writing a federal inmate

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

my friend is in federal prison. I have his information it's in Minnesota but there's a electronic website you can go to and text your letter or whatever you want and they can receive it there I just don't know that website
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

I'm not aware of any website that allows you to send your letter electronically, where did you hear about this? ..I'm not sure that any such website exists.

If you do want to write to an inmate, you'll need their jail number.

When you write the letter and address it, you'll want to make sure to include your friend's jail number on both the letter itself, and on the outer addressed envelope.

Then you mail it to the address where the prison is located.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!