Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need to know what my wife is texting to one particular…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know what my wife is texting to one particular number

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

We live in pa, h\phone number is ***** nj #

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She may be planning a crime

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 11 months ago

Unfortunately cell phone companies are not able to show the text within a message, however you are able to obtain an itemized cell phone bill, that show how many as well as what time text messages were sent to a particular number and whether they were multimedia messages, ie messages containing photos.

The only way to read the text within the message would be to look at the phone itself.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!