Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son is at the Atwater Federal Camp closing in on his

My son is at...

My son is at the Atwater Federal Camp closing in on his reassignment to halfway house approved by the Warden for October 8th. Now all of a sudden he has been thrown in the SHU in the main prison with no reason or explanation for being there. he is being treated like a murder, not a white collar Camp inmate. He is being harassed and threatened and in the main prison in handcuff and shekels, he has not done anything wrong. He has done everything by the book! He needs help and I feel their is some conspiracy of some sort to keep him from going to half way house and getting out of Atwater on October 8th. He misses his two young daughters and being able to talk to them daily. He is being treated like a murder and he was a Camp inmate for minor White collar crime. He is trying to be strong but starting to go crazy with the situation. Who can I contact to help get resolve to this situation, to get hem to tell us why he is there. The SIS unit is harassing him and threating him he will be transferred to TExas and he will lose his RDAP.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California, Atwater Federal Prison

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, he says that if we rock the boat it will make things worse, says they push back and make it worse for my son. he is a very good friend of my sons and knows he is a good person and would never do anything wrong. My son says the SIS hate campers and have done many things in this camp to make life miserable for them for no reason. I guess with SIS investigation you can not have an attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of now?

9/18/2017
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I believe I can help you. Have you tried reaching out to your son's prison counselor? Each federal inmate is assigned a counselor. That person should be able to tell you how long your soon is scheduled to be on lockdown and whether this incident will delay his release date. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

he has talked to the counselor, and his case manager she comes to visit him a few times a week and says she knows nothing. He has files Cop-Out reports to everyone and even the warden, no one is responding. This seem very strange to me. he has been suffering there for four weeks not and they know nothing.
I am looking for an advocacy group, the treatment he is getting is uncalled for. He is a white collar crime inmate and being treated like a murderer. this is not write. he has very little contact with his family except one hour behind glass on Saturday only he does not deserve this, no one does at this level of a crime offense. he has completed all required course and is a exceptional inmate in good standing. This is uncalled for and needs to be address with the Federal /Government, it is not write. What advocacy group can I contact to stop with with all camp inmates to get it stopped. or What federal official can i contact to stop this for everyone getting this awful treatment.
I agree with you that the treatment your son is receiving is highly unusual. I suggest that you reach out to the ACLU, hopefully someone will reach out to the warden on your behalf. Another option is to reach out to your US Senator and Congressman. Call and leave multiple messages until someone responds to you. I am so sorry to hear about your son's treatment. Hopefully, none of this will effect his release date. I wish you the best, ***** ***** me know if you have any other questions.
Thank you i will do that asap

You are most welcome. If you are satisfied with the service you received today, please make sure to leave a positive rating for me. Thanks.

Van
Van, Retired Judge