Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm interested in what legal options are available, if any,

Customer Question
I'm interested in what...

I'm interested in what legal options are available, if any, involving a rape of of a 7 year old child by a 13 year old. The incident occurred many years ago on an air force base. It was investigated, and sexual contact was verified but never prosecuted. The family of the youth offender left the military and moved out of state, and the victim ( my daughter) lives in yet another state. It was never revealed until about 5 years ago that actual rape occurred.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

We were in North Dakota. The offender, now 34, lives in South Dakota currently and my daughter (now 28 ) lives in Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

At the time of the incident it was reported to base security police on the installation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure. I think I told you everything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/18/2017
Criminal Lawyer: PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at this time since the incident happened in a military base and was investigated and the authorities decided not to bring charges against the offender.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

does this apply even though information about the rape was revealed later? Doesn't that qualify as new iformation?
Criminal Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

You can argue that the statute of limitations for a civil suit should be tolled.You can try a suit I am just telling you that the lawyer will have to plead around it.

Civil lawyer for you here

Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service  

3.73 Google reviews

Attorney referral service in Boise, Idaho

Address: 525 W Jefferson St, Boise, ID 83702

Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Sure doesn't hurt to try here, I know you have great facts.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer