Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

What is the sentence for forgery in Delaware? The police

What is the sentence for...
What is the sentence for forgery in Delaware?
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: The police will arrest my son om Wednesday when I bring him hime from rehab.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how long will he serve and where will he serve/
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Forgery can be a Class F felony, a Class G felony or a Class A misdemeanor depending upon the facts and circumstances of the case.

The maximum possible incarceratory penalty for a class F non-violent felony is 3 years of prison. The presumptive sentence.can be up to 18 months.

The penalty maximum possible incarceratory penalty for class G non violent felony is 2 years of prison. The presumptive sentence can be up to 12 months. The maximum amount of jail time possible on a class A misdemeanor is also 12 months.

What this person will actually serve will depend on whether he's convicted of the F or G felony or the A misdemeanor, his criminal history and the facts and circumstances of the case. However, probation is possible with non-violent low-level felony offense and could generally be negotiated by the defense lawyer, if this it the defendant's first felony.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD