Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiance is locked up in ocean county jail with no bail for…

Customer Question
My fiance is locked...

My fiance is locked up in ocean county jail with no bail for charges that gotten. I would like to know who can help him with his cases and situation of getting him a bail or back on probation or even a ankle bracelet

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey. Ocean county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I would like to get one to help him I just don't know how to go about it. It's my first time dealing with some one that got locked up

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of other than to see if someone can represent him in court and to see if he can get bail or on ankle bracelet or probation.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 9 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

A person on probation is a convicted offender. When he took the plea to probation, he was told that if he failed to comply with probation's rule or got in further trouble with the law, he would be violated and could face the possible revocation of his probation and the imposition of a jail sentence.

I do not know what he did to violate probation but it's customary for a probationer to be held for the violation, without bail, until his hearing. Sometimes, a judge will allow for bail or electronic monitoring with a violation, but it depends on what the basis for the violation is and whether probation is going to want to work with him further or wash their hands of him.

To find him a criminal lawyer to represent him at the hearing, you could contact the New Jersey Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge around $50 for the referral and that fee includes a free half hour appointment with a lawyer.

http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=NJ

To get still a wider range of possibilities, you can also check out a commercial lawyer referral service. There are many of them, but one that has been around a long time and which is highly regarded is www.Martindale.com.

Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client-rated, which you might find helpful to narrow down your choices.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.