Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Approximately a years ago i was arrested and charged with…

Customer Question
Approximately a years ago...

Approximately a years ago i was arrested and charged with Drunk Driving. The District Attorney dismissed the charges and placed it under reckless driving, pending community service and attending a class on drunk driving and because i had no previous criminal history. I am applying for a position withFEMA. On the job application the question reads, "During the last 7 years, have you been convicted, been imprisoned, been on probation, or been on parole? (Includes felonies, firearams, or explosives violations,misdemeanors, and all other offenses.)I feel i should answer NO since i was NOT convicted, but part of me feels i should just write that i was charged with a DUI and charges were dismissed. What is the best way to answer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

What state am I applying for the job or what state did the charge happen in

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

It was in Gwinette County, Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I am completing the form now I haven't contacted any attorney

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
It was a year ago that the incident happened
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
A few minutes please as I look into this
hello
Under penal code 40-6-390 reckless driving is a misdemeanor so if there is a conviction that would be required to be disclosed. If required information is not disclosed it can result in termination if it becomes known after hiring. Additionally a background check does reveal misdemeanors. Often times an isolated incident does not have much effect but that depends on the hiring party and the application in its entirety.
ok that's not really giving me an answer
You are asking if you need to disclose a misdemeanor correct?