Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am looking for an attorney to help us, Wichita KS, No, I'm…

I am looking for...

I am looking for an attorney to help us

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Wichita KS

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No, I'm in the process of talking to lawyers now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have been deeply struggling since my husband got out of the Navy. My husband stole $50 worth of kids clothes at Walmart. He was stopped and the item recovered. This is the only thing he's over done. NO criminal history I'm really scared b/c he needs a good job

I understand that there is very little chance of jail time for a 1st offense and that KS offers a diversion program if you qualify. I believe he would qualify from all I've read.But that there's no garnantee of getting diversion. No statement was taken, but he did have to sign something for a court date.
We have been through so much this year, if theft goes on his criminal record because of a stupid decision and he can't get a job we could lose everything. I asked if there was anyway we could make it right, but other than them recovering the items there is nothing. What are the chances of being able to keep this off his current perfect record, so he can get a good job? Getting a veteran with PTSD issues a job is very hard already.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2017
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot predict as to what would happen in your husband's specific criminal case, but do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
I know the court offers a diverge program for 1st time offenders. With your experience in this field, do you think that if he applies for that program that the court will allow it. Or do you think the crime will go on his criminal record no matter what. I'm not trying to get out of consequences, but a theft charge is going to further hurt is ability for employment.
Van
Van, Retired Judge
Phone call session started
Hi my name is***** have attempted twice to accept your request to speak with an expert over the phone. If you are still interested in talking about your legal matter please let me know and I will be happy to speak with you.