Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am being accused of applying for credit cards in my

Customer Question
I am being accused...

I am being accused of applying for credit cards in my children's FATHER'S name. I don't have his social security number not his address. He has fraud alert on so he was alerted be for the cards were opened. The company is saying that the cards were applied for on line. When he was asked who could of did it he said that it was me. They are saying it was done from my up address. What do I need to do to keep this off my record. I didn't even do it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Georgia he is in Alabama. Apparently a police report was filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I just found out yesterday from his stepmother.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 8 months ago
Michael Bradley
Have you been contacted by the police yet?
Ely, Counselor at Law