Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Please help me..my brother us locked Up in California. He is…

Customer Question
Please help me..my brother...

Please help me..my brother us locked Up in California. He is mentally ill and didnt take his meds. They lied and said he will go to a hospital. He is in irc and charged with a felony

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

He is in l.a. county jail . He is 37 and moved from ny to florida to cali to start a better Life..he is mentally ill and of meds bc it majes him tired so he went off...we have been trying to find a place where he can be monitored. And even with lauras law noone will help. He was robbed 3 times this week and thinks the maid at the hotel. He was liliving in stole his atm card...he is accused of hitting her in the head once with a phone and now being charged with a felony. And a 30k bail

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No..we cant afford one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He needs to be in a psychiatric. Hospital. .the precinct Lied to me in the phone and he is in la county jail

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/16/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 8 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I believe I can assist you with this matter. Have you contacted the public defender's office that will handle your brother's case?

Hi Van. No. I didnt know I can do that. He is mentally ill and I called the precinct that arrested him. They lied and said he was going to the psych ward abd they took him to L.A. County jail. The police officer who answered the phone was mean and saying foolish things like " well he didnt say he was mentally ill when he walked in here"

Based on your question, I understand that you can't afford to hire an attorney. I suggest that you contact the public defender's office in the country where your brother was arrested. Ask the receptionist to speak with the attorney that has been assigned to your brother's case. If he has not been assigned an attorney yet, leave your contact information. I suggest that you call everyday until you reach your brother's attorney. Once you get in touch with the attorney, provide the attorney with documentation about your brother's mental illness. If your provide your brother's attorney with sufficient proof of your brother's mental illness, he may be able to get your brother transferred to a mental hospital where he can get the help he needs. Please let me know if you need any additional help, good luck!

Van
Van
Van, Retired Judge