Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My fiancé just accepted a plea for 5 for 5 diversion 2

Customer Question
My fiancé just accepted...

My fiancé just accepted a plea for 5 for 5 diversion 2 months ago. He was arrested the other day and charged with criminal mischief, promoting contraband, criminal trespassing and escape 2nd degree. I'm having trouble finding an attorney with a retainer fee that I can afford. and I am trying to figure out how I can get his bond dropped. Is there anything I can do for him myself?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

The new charges are in Grayson County Ky and his probation is out of Frankfort ky but those charges were originally out of Jessamine County

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No everyone I have tried wants a 10,000 non refundable retainer fee. I'm a single mom of 3 kids. I truly don't have that kind of cash.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/15/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 9 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about this and do understand. From a legal standpoint, you can not represent him, so there is nothing you can file on his behalf. If you are unable to retain private counsel, he will have to wait until he appears in court and ask to be appointed the public defender. Once he is appointed the PD, they can motion the court and ask that his bond be reduced or he be released ROR, so that he can get out of jail and not have to sit there, while this is pending. Now, if he was on probation, his probation might be revoked and he could be on a no bond hold until that is resolved as well, so I do want you to be aware.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!