Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Ifor so, If I had a warrant for misdemeanor in Nebraska

If I had a...

If I had a warrant for misdemeanor in Nebraska class 3, and I live in Missouri would there be extradition?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

9/15/2017
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Technically any crime -- felony or misdemeanor -- can result in extradition.

In practice, extradition occurs less often over a misdemeanor than a felony.

That being said, there really is not a guarantee that the person won't be picked up.

If someone is arrested on a bench warrant and being held for extradition, the other jurisdiction has around 3 weeks- 1 month in which to pick the individual up.

If they don't pick up during that time, the person will be released from custody.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones