Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If my daughter was set up by her partner with cocaine. Can…

Customer Question
If my daughter was set...
If my daughter was set up by her sexual partner with cocaine. Can she beat the charges .
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean "can she beat the charges"??

They had an indictment on her for getting her girlfriend who was a ci 8.8 grams of cocaine. She was manipulated and coerced into doing it. The ci used her kids visitation with my daughters children to get what she wanted brooke to do

Coerced by whom? By the police?

The ci

Sorry...CI? Cooperating Informant?

Can you speak on the phone? This would allow me to address your concerns directly. There is an additional charge. I do not time my phone calls...we can converse until you receive the information you need.

Confidential informant
This person worked with me
Then pushed her way into my home after I got custody of my daughters kids due to being homeless and on drugs. She found out she was pregnant and stopped doing drugs
Made a complete 360 degree turnaround and has had her children back since feb 21,2017. She has a full time job. She gave birth in march to child number 4
I have the oldest as he is high functioning autism

If she sold or obtained drugs for someone else...and they are willing to testify to this in open court?? That is ample evidence to reach a conviction.

Can she "beat" the charges?

Unlikely...not based on what you are describing. If I were her, I would be seeking a plea agreement to reduce jail time

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.