Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My daughter is 19 and attends Cal State Beach. She is being

Customer Question

My daughter is 19 and attends Cal State Long Beach. She is being stalked by a pervert. She has reported him to teh school and teh school prohibits him from being near her. Yesterday, she saw him near her dormitory. Is it legal for her to carry a taser on campus for self defense? Does she need any training?
JA: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cal state Long Beach is a California State University. She has no record.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

No. Tasers and stun guns are not legally allowed on California State College campuses. Your daughter needs to report her stalker to the campus police and, for that matter to the regular police that serve the jurisdiction where the college is located. As part of any prosecution, she would be given a protective order.

Alternatively she could go to civil court and get an emergency ex-parte civil harassment restraining order.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.