Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Thanks. I am desperately trying to get a job and my

Customer Question

Thanks. I am desperately trying to get a job and my background is keeping me from being able to do that. I just want to get my records sealed or expunged. I am a single mom and I get no help from my sons father and to put it mildly I am struggling very badly JA: In what state did this occur? Customer: Illinois and Florida JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet? Customer: no JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: I am a full time student online, I am just trying to take care of my 22 month old baby boy

I am a single mom and I am having a very hard time getting employment because of a theft by deception conviction from 2012. I went to prison for 11 1/2 months, and since became a mom, got in rolled and have been an online full time student for almost a year. i have not had a single encounter with law enforcement since. I have totally changed my life for the better. I do not break the law at all any more. Please help me, can I expunge or get my record sealed? What can I do to get a better job? It happened in 2 states within a couple of months, Illinois and Florida.

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So to be clear, you had a theft by conviction in both Illinois AND Florida? Or which state did the conviction occur in?