Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I'm being charge with 3rd degree theft.. my ex girlfriend of…

Customer Question
I'm being charge with...

I'm being charge with 3rd degree theft.. my ex girlfriend of seven years who a dated on and off is acussing me of stealing ten thousand dollars from a box where she kept money.. she went on vacation and while she was gone we argue and kick me out the house when she came back she check the box .. and there was money missing .. I did take money out but I didn't take no ten thousand dollars .. she went to the cops and now I'm being charge with 3rd degree theft anf have a court date .. what are my options

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't have papers which scares me a bit

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

What are your questions?