Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I am going to file a small claims suit (for breach of

Customer Question
I am going to...

I am going to file a small claims suit (for breach of contract - monies owed) on someone who is on parole. Is it required to notify his parole agent?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it important to you or the lawyer know why (what charges) he is on parole?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/12/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Criminal Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

There is no requirement that you provide notice to the parole agent, only the defendant.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.