RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years
8534270

I am being accused of a crime forgery instruments. How can i

Customer Question

I am being accused of a crime forgery instruments. How can i prove that i didnt do this crime?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Forgery charges can be successfully defended. A very simple, yet very effective, defense to Forgery charges can be, “I did not intend to harm.” This, as you might guess, is known as a lack of intent. A related defense can be “I didn’t know I didn’t have permission.” Constitutional defenses also apply such as illegal stops, illegal searches and illegal arrests.Your lawyer may assert these on your behalf.

A person charged with a forgery crime in Texas can raise any general defense available in a criminal case, such as mistaken identity—not being the person who committed the crime—or arguing that the crime did not occur (the signature on a document used in a financial transaction was not actually altered and the document does not contain a false signature, for instance).

A person charged with forgery also can raise the specific defense that he was authorized or believed in good faith that he was authorized to sign or alter a document, such as a check or financial contract.

The fact that the defendant was entitled to collect money from the victim or believed he was so entitled is not a defense to forgery if the defendant was not authorized to change or create a document or present the item for payment. Likewise, forging a receipt to state a debt was paid in full is a crime even if the debt actually was paid in full.

All of these can be used by your lawyer to contest any charges here in this matter.

Appreciate the chance to help you .

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.