Van
Van, Retired Judge
Experience:  Criminal Court Judge
99502111

Looking to have my Illinois FOID card reinstated. I have had

Customer Question

Looking to have my Illinois FOID card reinstated. I have had it revoked due to a voluntary mental health hospital admittance in August of last year. I sent the appropriate paperwork and have yet to hear from the ISP.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no criminal record. I had and currently am in therapy for minor depression, but had submitted a written statement from therapist and family and friends as to the manner of my good character and repressible nature...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Van replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** believe I can help you. Please give me a few minuets to draft a response.

Expert:  Van replied 1 month ago.

When was the last time you heard something from the State Police regarding your application?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not received a response from the ISP since I sent in the required appeals form ( along with the notarized letters of good character from several people including my therapist of the time I has been seeing for several years ) however I did take it upon myself to call and attempt to speak to a official in ISP in Springfield in January of this year. I was told that the case was indeed in the appeals department but no further information was available at that time and also was told it probably was not even being 'reviewed' yet...
Expert:  Van replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like there are a backlog of cases on appeal with the IL State police. At this point the only option you have is to wait for the outcome. The rules do not allow you to submit any additional documentation so you will just have to wait and see. Keep calling every few weeks or so to see if you can get someone on the phone who may be able to assist you within the system. I wish you the best. Good luck. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.