Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Where do I find information on restrictions for sex

Customer Question
Where do I find...

Where do I find information on restrictions for sex offenders on parole here in minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is an interstate compact from Texas

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/11/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Someone entering Minnesota to reside, work or attend school is required to register if he was convicted of a similar sex crime in another state. These registration requirements include:

• Address of primary and secondary residence(s), and any property owned, leased or rented in Minnesota
  • Employment address(es)
  • Year, make, model, license plate and color of all vehicles owned or regularly driven
  • Fingerprint card, photograph and signing certain consent forms

Here is the MN statute that applies for parolees.

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.