Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Are you familiar with federal law? This matter would

Customer Question

are you familiar with federal law?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: This matter would actually be in Shanghai China...
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We don't know if my husband is even under investigation. We just have some questions because he may or may be arrested...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He solicited sex from 3 woman (they did not discuss age) via text app and yesterday at work two American's were looking at their phones while looking at him. They also made a comment of "we have enough to escalate". We may be paranoid but want to see if is in jeopardy of being under investigation. He has a flight to catch to USA in 4 hours.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He did not engage in any sex acts with any of the 3 women.
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will my husband be able to leave China?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In your opinion, what are the chances he is under investigation?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could he be arrested when he lands in the states?

Tell me a little bit about how these Americans were. Did they show him a badge? Has he seen them since?