How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28371
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was charged with an m4 for drug paraphernalia and I go to

This answer was rated:

I was charged with an m4 for drug paraphernalia and I go to court tomo and I'm really scared I've n3ver had a charge like this or any drug related charge. Just kinda want to know what to expect
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It was a rolled bill. And no I cannot afford one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's at mayors court

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you are a first time offender, you can ask the State if they would allow you to enter into a diversion program. A diversion program would allow you to get the case dismissed and keep your record clean. It normally requires you to stay out of trouble, for a period of 3-6 months, pay fines and court costs and perform community service. If you do it all, the end result is normally a dismissal. These type of programs are set up to allow first time offenders to learn from their mistake and keep their records clean. It can be something that you ask about when you appear and the State will determine if you are eligible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay say that program is not something I wanted to do. I would rather pay a fine and just be done with it. Typically with this charge what usually happens
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already paid for this message I do not have the funds to pay for a phone call

A phone call is extra and optional, so not a problem. If you did not want to do that, you could ask for a plea deal and resolve it in court. Likely would be a fine, court costs and maybe some type of drug education class.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you I'm just worried about losing my license or even probation for that matter

You are welcome. Probation is possible, so you do need to keep that in mind but if you look for a quick resolution, can possible avoid it. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CrimDefense and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you