Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was arrested for dwi but was only convicted of a civil

Customer Question
penalty in the state of...
I was arrested for dwi but was only convicted of a civil penalty in the state of New York
Does the arrest show on my record?
I applied for NYC corrections and received a pre employment background check. It asks if I was ever arrested. That is why I am asking
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

When it comes to the government, you need to disclose the arrest. Though this would be sealed and legally speaking, you could answer no, the state can always see what a commercial lawyer cannot. They will be less concerned with a dismissal of the charge and a civil fine than they would be with the fact that you are covering up when they asked you for what they can see for themselves.

Answer yes.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD