Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

One of my friend who is an international student was charged…

Customer Question
One of my friend...

One of my friend who is an international student was charged under lar2359f9

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Many question regarding what to do next and what will be circumstances

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
hi
please reply in text
please some one respond
9/10/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This is a theft offense -- Grand larceny -- and it is a felony because the amount allegedly stolen was over $200. What did you want to ask about this?

what happens if my friend did for first time

Typically, on a first offense, if your friend wanted to take a plea to the charge, he would likely be able to get probation. He'd also be expected to pay back the complainant for the property or money he stole. What was the value of the item or money taken?

Clothes worth $1100 from lord & tailor shop at mall
One of his friend is going to india our home country. so, he shopped few items and out conscious he took items from store and kept in his purchased bag. he is an internal student how would be consequences if he find guilty...

He doesn't want to be found guilty of a felony theft offense. It would cause him to fall out of status as it is a crime of moral turpitude. He needs a criminal lawyer and he should also talk to an Immigration lawyer. If convicted of this felony, he would be deportable.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD