Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Around how much can attorney charge for taking a case like

Customer Question
this ?...
Around how much can attorney charge for taking a case like this ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/9/2017
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What type of case is the Defendant charged with?

It's a welfare fraud

Thank you for the reply. An attorney can charge whatever they feel their services are worth, based upon their experience, knowledge, type of case and what they feel the work will entail. There is no set fee, for what a criminal defense attorney can charge. Of course, they want their fees to be comparable to others but if they are good at what they do, they can charge a premium, for their abilities. They could ask for a flat fee to work the case and depending on the complexity of it, could ask $5000+ plus a trial fee, if they wanted to.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Let me explain you what the situation is , I have ask for food stamps since my daughters were babies the oldest one is 10 years old now , 3 years ago they moved to The Valley for a better environment with their father , but still coming on the weekends with me , and still buying food and cooking for their benefits because I need it the help , low income .i honestly didn't know that not reporting that they were staying with their father and me on the weekends only would get me in trouble . Now they are charging me with two counts , 1 10980 (c)(2) and 2 118(A) . Never had any problem like this my record is completely clean . I never intend to do any fraud , as soon as I got a letter saying you owe 4,000 i made paying plans and that's what I have been doing making payments , so now I don't understand why they still prosecuting me . What can I do ? I need to know the good part of this and the bad part , by the way I have a 3 year old boy that's has a sensory metal disorder , and a 4 month old baby with my current domestic partner . I have a court date for September 14 wasn't prepare for this , and my 4 month old baby is only breastfeeding I am even thinking to taking him with me , because he does not take bottles .

You can ask for a public defender when you appear and have them represent you. If you are repaying this, it is a mitigating factor for the court to consider. You can take a plea deal and try and resolve this if you desire or go to trial and fight it. However, ignorance of the law is not a defense, so if this should have been reported by what was not and you made a mistake, it would not be a defense but could be something for the state to consider.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty