Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My daughter has been placed on teathe, as a result she has…

Customer Question
My daughter has been placed...
My daughter has been placed on teathe, as a result she has to do random drug testing. She has to call everyday and when her color comes up she has to go into drop. She was summoned 9:00am to be at the office by ten, and when she gets there she is taken back to jail cause she didnt drop yesterday, but her color didnt show for yesterday, it showed for her to drop today. Where do I file a complaint?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
9/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 8 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

You could complain to her probation officer, and if he or she is not available, to the probation officer's supervisor. Most importantly, you need to contact her attorney.

If you don't know where to find him or her, contact the clerk of the court where your daughter was appearing. He can get the name and phone number from the court computer or court papers. Your daughter may need him, as they have lodged a violation. If probation doesn't yield to your arguments today, the lawyer can make the appropriate argument to the judge or bring a writ to get her released if he believes she's being wrongfully detained. If it turns out she was incarcerated on an error, she may also have a suit against the county for a wrongful detention.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD