Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Can I pay to have a lawyer call me, I think I'm being

Customer Question
Can I pay to have...
Can I pay to have a lawyer call me
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I think I'm being charged wrong and have a warrant and don't want to turn myself in if the warrant is false
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Alaska
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I didn't go into her house to steal either I went back in to see if she was selling pills because she had a ton of money and it was just a grab and go. I gave it back. I had no weapons, I didn't hurt anyone. She is even claiming I didn't hurt her. I think the cop lied on the warrant paper to get it because I got them in trouble for misconduct and I feel they are over charging of me also saying theft even though she got the money back.
Hello
77 dollars and 30 minutes have turned into hours
9/8/2017
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Sorry for the delay, but when you post your question in the wee hours of the morning most experts, at least on the east coast, are sound asleep.

Please be patient a bit longer as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

The cop knowingly said in sworn affidavit that I had a weapon, I have the the alleged witness saying she didn't say that and I believe I can prove contempt of a cop because of their failure to charge me on other charges and now I'm taking legal action I told the chief that and then they claimed burg one but in reality the best they can say is criminal trespassing. No grand jury reviewed it and it's a felony.

Warrants are always bad news situations, and I'm sure you know this. Please do not shoot the messenger, as I did not create this situation.

There is only one way to get rid of a warrant and that is for you to go back before the judge who issued it and address the case. I wish there was another option, but there isin't. If you don't and you are picked up anywhere in the country for any reason, even something as simple as a traffic ticket, you will be held in jail on a felony warrant, extradited to the state that wants you and brought before the judge. Then, as an involuntary rather than a voluntary return on that warrant, you can expect your bail/bond situation to be much higher than if you show up of your own free will rather than in handcuffs.

The fact that you believe yourself innocent of the burglary charge is more reason rather than less of one to return. Cases where the defendant warrants go inactive until they come back to court. So the only possibility of the case against you being dismissed is if you come back. Since under the law the flight of a defendant can presumptively be regarded as consciousness of guilt, your continued absence will undercut your claim of innocence. You need to go back to court and deal with this.

Of course, because of the warrant, even with a voluntary return, the judge will not be particularly happy to see you and he may want to throw you in jail to wait there so that you do not disappear again. The best way to beat that, if at all possible, is by showing up with a lawyer.

A lawyer can pave the way for the safest return possible, not just by standing up with you in court but in trying to work something out with the DA before you bring yourself in.

There's no guarantee of avoiding jail. Judges dislike people who act in contempt of court orders, however, with a compelling reason for your absence and a voluntary return, if you cannot get released on your own recognizance, you can at least get bail set in the amount you can make. The only thing that's guaranteed is that it's always better to return on warrants sooner than later and before they cause your son any additional problems.

Your request for a phone call cannot be completed until the site authorizes it. For some reason there was a processing problem. Customer service will call you to work it out.

I hear what your saying, but none of what should happen or could happen will once you've warranted. Your case is inactive. Your witnesses can't help you. The case won't be indicted or reduced to a trespass while you're gone and you can still be extradited on the felony and be prejudiced by the fact that you have fled the jurisdiction of the court and have absconding charges also leveled against you for your failure to appear.

I have not been served the arrest warrant
Also they said I had a weapon and lied to the judge to get it. There is no probable cause for the warrant to be issued. I can show the judge, she was lied to.
I didn't leave. They have no served me yet.
I live a mile away from them. The warrant is false. I can prove the cop lied to get it with video surveillance and the complaining victim never said I had a weapon just that I went in her home with out permission

But that's just the point. While there's a warrant active you can't prove a thing. If you're picked up involuntarily on the warrant, you'll get your chance to prove it, but likely have to prove it from jail under heavy bail conditions until you do.

I know what you want to hear, but your right to due process of law depends on your being in court. This will not go away until you return, and standing on principle may be intellectually reasonable, but it's statutorily unwise.

There is no way to quash the warrant
There is only evidence supporting criminal trespassing not burg 1. The cop knowingly lied under oath
I was never in court
Criminal Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

If you need to quash your warrant you can fill out a request and order form (form CR-770).

Anchorage | All Other Locations

This form can also be found at the Municipal Prosecutors's Office. There is no guarantee that the court will grant this request. Your warrant will remain in effect until you have appeared in court.

Please Note:

(1) This information is for educational purposes only and it may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. It is not guaranteed to be correct or complete and you should not act or fail to act based on this information alone. This and all other Just Answer disclaimers also apply to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating. Thank you for using Just Answer.

After I file this, how long do They have to respond? Should I include that there is no probable cause to support that charge. And request a summons then request that it gets dropped because there is absolutely no weapon or violence at all. According to the state statutes in Alaska, it fits only for criminal trespassing, and then they would have to prove that as well. The cops are currently under investigation because of me and messing with my 4th amendment rights and allowing me to get assulted and allowed false charges to be pressed. Those charges never made it passed arraignment and I told them to never come back with out a warrant and two hours later they had invented a burg 1 charge. There is video surveillance and the complaintiant even told me she never said that and would call the police. I feel like I can prove cop contemp and lying under oath

No set time to respond appears to be set forth in the rules. See this link.

This tends to indicate that judicial discretion applies. You should includes the facts that support your argument that there was no probable cause for a particular charge. A summons would not be needed, just fill out the form 770.

Did this answer your question?

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer