Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Former administrative hearing officer
17897874

After having a chat with a minor online, which I figured was

Customer Question

After having a chat with a minor online, which I figured was a setup but never expected it to be a cop. I thought I was getting set up to be robbed. I would never touch a child, so as the conversation, which I thought was a fraud, continued and the person agreed to everything. I never offered to meet them, they asked me to come over and I never went. I just kept jerking them around and eventually blocked them once they called and I heard it was actually a female. I quickly blocked the number. I never asked them to meet me, they asked me to meet them. I never had any intent or interest in going. I was basically trolling who I thought was a troll and it backfired on me hard. My girl isn't talking to me and neither is my mother. I can only swear on everything I love that I never had any intention of going, I was just trolling a troll until I heard a voice.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Did you know the person was underage when you were chatting?

Why do you think the police will contact you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They said so but I never believed it. Like I said, I thought it was a setup. That's how it is in philly. I was only trolling the troll.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I expect the police to contact me because my family is mad at me saying what did you do and I can put 2 and 2 together. I never thought it would be a cop which is why I jerked them around saying "yea yea I'm here while I was working or sitting in my house. There was never an intent to meet or I wouldn't have blocked the number when I heard it was a female voice. Trolling is an old hobby of mine, I used to find it funny as hell. The whole point of trolling is to make someone you don't know mad. I never ever intended to go to meet this person at all, I never left work or my residence.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never asked for naked pictures, never hinted that I wanted to see pictures of them. I'm not interested in kids at all and everything I researched says I'm facing 3-5 years.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please just tell me that me not going to these people which they guided me to and I lied about being there. It may be possible to track my iphones positioning on the date in question to prove where I was.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Yes, I am here. I am reviewing your responses.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Was your chat sexual in nature? Do they know where you live?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The chat was sexual. It was a joke to me, something to laugh at while I was working. I never imaged it was a cop. They do not know where I live. They asked me for beer and condoms and I declined.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There was absolutely no intent. I have a daughter myself, 3 years old with autism and she needs me. I'm the sole provider for her. I was just jerking around someone who I thought was jerking me around
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

I suspect they will not be able to find you. It is not that easy to find an accurate location on someone without specific software.

If the police show up then refuse to speak to them. If they arrest you retain local defense counsel.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

There is not really anything else you can do right now, but keep quiet and do not discuss it. I personally do not think anything will happen to you.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!